Brig Gen Christopher S. Croxton serves as the Chief of Staff, Florida Air National Guard, Saint Augustine, Florida. In this position, he is responsible to the Assistant Adjutant General-Air for mission readiness, operations, and coordination of eleven Florida Air National Guard units at seven geographically separated sites, including $137.9 million in operating budgets, 2,000 personnel, and a Headquarters staff of 44 members. Prior to his current assignment, General Croxton served as the Director Strategic Initiatives - Air for the Virginia National Guard. He was the principal advisor to the Adjutant General of Virginia for strategic Air matters.
General Croxton enlisted in the Virginia Air National Guard in 1986 and was commissioned in 1992 through Officer Training School at the Academy of Military Science. He is a command pilot with more than 3,000 total flying hours in the F-16 and F-22. General Croxton's combat flying experience includes Operations PROVIDE COMFORT, NORTHERN WATCH, IRAQI FREEDOM, NOBLE EAGLE and USPACOM Theater Support. He has commanded at the group and squadron levels and served staff assignments at Air Combat Command and the National Guard Bureau.
1991 Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Va.
2002 Squadron Officer School (SOS), by correspondence
2005 Air Command and Staff College (ACSC), by correspondence
2010 ACC Senior Leader Maintenance Course, by correspondence
2011 Air War College (AirWC), by correspondence
2012 Air National Guard Commanders Development Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2015 Joint & Combined Warfighting School, Joint Forces Staff College, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2017 Dual Status Commander Course, United States Northern Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
2017 Joint Task Force Commander Course, United States Northern Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
2018 Senior Leader Orientation Course (SLOC); Joint Base Andrews, Md. & Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
1. May 1986 - March 1992, Jet Engine Mechanic, 192d TFG, Richmond Air National Guard Base, Va.
2. March 1992 - July 1993, Student, Euro-NATO Undergraduate Pilot Training, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
3. July 1993 - October 1993, Student, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals Training, Holloman AFB, N.M.
4. October 1993 - June 1994, Student, F-16 Formal Training Unit, McConnell AFB, Kan.
5. June 1994 - June 1997, F-16 Pilot, Assistant Weapons Officer, 149th FS, Richmond ANGB, Va.
6. June 1997 - December 1999, F-16 Instructor Pilot, Chief of Training, 149th FS, Richmond ANGB, Va.
7. December 1999 - December 2002, F-16 Instructor Pilot, Chief of Scheduling, 192d OSF, Richmond ANGB, Va.
8. December 2002 - December 2003, Action Officer, Directorate of Air and Space Operations, National Guard Bureau, Arlington, Va.
9. December 2003 - December 2004, Staff Officer, Directorate of Air and Space Operations, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
10. December 2004 - May 2007, Branch Chief, Directorate of Air and Space Operations, HQ ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
11. May 2007 - September 2007, Student, F-22 Formal Training Unit, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
12. September 2007 - June 2008, Branch Chief, Directorate of Air and Space Operations, HQ ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
13. June 2008 - April 2010, Dep ANG Advisor, Directorate of Plans, Programs and Requirements, Langley AFB, Va.
14. April 2010 - October 2011, Commander, 192d Operations Support Squadron, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
15. October 2011 - September 2013, Commander, 180th Operations Group, Toledo ANGB, Ohio
16. September 2013 - April 2016, ANG Advisor to ACC Inspector General, HQ ACC, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
17. May 2016 - May 2017, Director Strategic Initiatives - Air, Virginia National Guard, Richmond, Va.
18. May 2017 - Present, Chief of Staff, HQ FL ANG, St. Augustine, Fla.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 3,000 hours
Aircraft flown: F-16A/C/CG/CJ/CM, F-22A, T-37, T-38
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
AF Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with bronze star
Iraq Campaign Medal with two bronze stars
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Service Ribbon Short
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border
Air Force Longevity Service Ribbon with two oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with four 'M' device and silver hourglass
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with bronze star
Air Force Training Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
Pilot - United Airlines
Owner/Partner - Restaurant, Marina, Oyster Farm
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant April 9, 1992
First Lieutenant April 9, 1995
Captain April 13, 1997
Major Feb. 22, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel March 22, 2006
Colonel Jan. 1, 2013
Brigadier General May 28, 2017
(Current as of August 2018)